WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘TREKKING NI’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website, and your participation in events sourced from this website or its associated social media outlets, is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We at TREKKING NI take your privacy seriously. We understand the need for your sensitive information to be logged correctly and stored securely, and we make this our priority.
The following article explains how we use your data, and how we comply with the General Data Protection Rule (GDPR) which became law on 25 May 2018.
Who are we?
TREKKING NI is a community blogging website where those who enjoy walking and hiking across Northern Ireland can share their stories and experience with others. It’s managed by a small team of editors who also share a passion for trekking Northern Ireland’s beautiful landscape. TREKKING NI isn’t connected to any professional body, whether in government or business. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We generally only collect email addresses, which are added to our mailing list. Members of the mailing list will subsequently receive weekly updates about articles, events and any promotions we’re currently running. Email addresses are stored securely in a password-protected MailChimp account. We may also occasionally run a survey or competition that necessitates the submission of additional information (name, age, etc), but this information is only stored for the duration of the survey or competition and is deleted upon its conclusion.
How do we use personal information?
As mentioned previously, email addresses are used primarily for our mailing list. Your email address may also be stored in our password-protected Zoho mail account if we’re communicating with you about featuring your business, or about an article submission. Additional information may be used in survey or competition responses, but will always be deleted afterwards.
When do we share personal data?
We will never share your data with outside parties without our consent. We treat your private information with respect.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary. Your email address is retained in our MailChimp contacts list so you can continue receiving weekly updates – if you unsubscribe, your address is automatically removed. Any of your personal data that is withdrawn from our records is wiped completely from any system we use.
What are your rights?
Please just get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your personal data. You do of course have the right to have all your data completely removed from our records upon request.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by TREKKING NI and, while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of TREKKING NI. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, TREKKING NI takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of TREKKING NI – © Trekking NI 2019. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- you may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or queries about our policy statement.